These terms and conditions provide a description of the service that Debt Therapy (Pty) Ltd, underwritten by DCASA(Debt Counselling Association of South Africa), provides to you, free of charge, through our website to enable you to obtain access to your 100% free credit report and it explains how we, and our credit bureau partner, VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd may collect and use your personal information, that is captured as a part of this application.
Please take the time to read and understand these terms and conditions before you make use of this service and website, as they are legally binding. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you must not accept it and may not make use of this service and our website.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- That the use of this service and our website is at your own risk and free will and that you herewith indemnify us and VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd from any liability when you make use of this service and our website.
- That we will provide you with a link that will direct you to VeriCred Credit Burau (Pty) Ltd to access your free credit report, to enable them to send it to you, and to retain only your necessary personal information until the purpose for the collection and subsequent processing thereof is achieved to execute this service. We confirm that the use of this service is for consumer enquiry purposes only and will have no implication on your current credit rating or profile at VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd or any other credit bureau.
- That we may obtain a distressed consumer indicator from VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd to identify if you are currently over-indebted, or are likely to become over-indebted within the next 90 calendar days.
- That if it is transparent from the distressed consumer indicator that you are over-indebted, or likely to become over-indebted within the next 90 calendar days, you agree that VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd may pass your basic personal information that was collected during this application (Name, Surname, E-mail Address and Cell Number) to Hans Reinhard Pettenburger-Perwald (NCRDC49) a Fully Registered Debt Counsellor with the National Credit Regulator and DCASA(Debt Counselling Association of South Africa) who may then contact you for an obligation free consultation, at no cost to you, to enable them to offer you debt counselling services that they might consider to be helpful and relevant to improve your financial circumstances.
The Debt Counsellor will be responsible for their own compliance in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and the National Credit Act 34 of 2005, and will be required to adhere to all relevant compliance regulations before, during and after the consultation, to obtain your credit report, and to make any additional assessment.
- You further confirm that your personal information may be collected, processed, stored and deleted in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 and that we may share your personal information with VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd for the purpose which you have consented to in terms hereof, including that VeriCred Credit Bureau (Pty) Ltd may provide you with your free credit report in terms of the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.